The AFL-CIO will host its Midwest District meeting titled “Growing Our Movement – Empowering Our Communities” in St. Louis May 1-2, focusing on issues pertinent to Labor in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota.
Registration is open. Space is limited, so secure your spot now at districtmeetings.aflcio.org/upcoming-meetings/midwest-district.
“We are focused on continuing to grow our power through organizing, member engagement, politics and community outreach,” said AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka. “Over the two-day meeting, we will be offering a full plenary and workshops. This year, we have added an additional round of workshops to give attendees even more choices.”
Topics covered will include:
- State and Local Legislation – Take Charge of Your Capitol and Win For Workers – presented by AFL-CIO State Legislative Director Christine Silvia-DeGennaro.
- Electing Union Members – Building Our Power – presented by Charles Wowkanech, president of the New Jersey State AFL-CIO.
- Reverse the Decline in Union Density: Goals That Matter – presented by Carlos Jimenez, executive director, Metropolitan Washington Council, AFL-CIO.
- Power To Win: Worksite Organizing Programs That Deliver – presented by Charles Handel Lundy, internal organizing coordinator, AFL-CIO.
- Communicating About Labor in 2019 – Josh Goldstein, communications director, AFL-CIO.
- Technology and Data Tools – presented by Andy Richards, deputy director of the AFL-CIO Data, Analytics and Infrastructure Resource.
- Holding the 116th Congress Accountable – presented by Celeste Drake, trade and globalization policy specialist at the AFL-CIO.
Space is limited so register now to be sure you get a seat.
For information or to register before all the seats are taken, visit districtmeetings.aflcio.org/upcoming-meetings/midwest-district.