The Associated General Contractors (AGC) of Missouri Education Foundation is accepting applications for college and skilled trades/vocational tech scholarships for students interested in careers in the construction industry.
College scholarship recipients will receive $2,000 and skilled trades/vocational tech scholarship winners will receive $1,000. At the discretion of the foundation, multiple awards of each scholarship are available based upon merit. Last year, 32 recipients received more than $62,000 in scholarship funds.
Applicants must complete the correct application for their program furnished by the Foundation, provide official high school, college or program transcripts, provide two letters of recommendation, complete an essay on their desire to work in the construction industry and be willing to submit to a personal interview.
• College scholarship – Applicants must be studying construction or a construction-related field at a Missouri college, university or other eligible school or one that is located in a state contiguous to Missouri on a full-time basis.
• Skilled trades/Vo-Tech Scholarship – Applicants must be attending a Department of Labor (DOL)-registered Apprenticeship Program or pursuing a program requiring one academic year or more for certification at an institution in Missouri or which is located in a state contiguous to Missouri on a full-time basis.
• Graduating high school seniors and college students attending accredited universities, colleges, community colleges, vocational or technical schools and DOL registered apprenticeship programs are eligible to apply. Vocational and technical school students must be pursuing a program requiring one academic year or more for certification. Only apprentices or students pursuing certification in skilled trades related to construction will be considered for the skilled trades /vo-tech scholarship.
• Applicants must be seeking a career in the construction industry upon graduation. Eligibility is not limited to students pursuing technical degrees. The foundation retains the right to determine if a major or program in which the student is enrolled meets this eligibility requirement.
• Applicants must be U.S. citizens or documented permanent residents of the United States (i.e. must possess a “permanent resident” card).
The application deadline is March 1, 2022. To apply for a scholarship, visit apply.mykaleidoscope.com/scholarships/agcmissouri.