If you know of someone who has been impacted by the failure of the federal government to extend the eviction prevention mandate, here’s some possible help. Please pass it on.
St. Louis County Department of Human Services is partnering with St. Louis County Library, St. Patrick Center and The Salvation Army St. Louis to help people apply for the Emergency Rental Assistance Program. The following locations will provide help with the application process:
- Bridgeton Trails Branch, 3455 McKelvey Rd. Bridgeton, MO. 63044, Fridays: 9 a.m. –noon.
- Florissant Valley Branch, 195 New Florissant Road, S. Florissant, MO 63031 Fridays: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.).
- Lewis & Clark Branch, 9909 Lewis-Clark Blvd. St. Louis, MO 63135 Tuesdays: 9 a.m. –1 p.m.
- Natural Bridge Branch, 7606 Natural Bridge Rd. St. Louis, MO 63121, Tuesdays: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Weber Road Branch, 4444 Weber Road, St. Louis, MO 63123, Mondays: 1 – 4 p.m.
Please share this information with family, friends and neighbors! Applications can also be completed online at https://stlouisco.onlinepha.com/
If you’re looking for help with housing costs, you’re not alone.
State and local programs are distributing billions of dollars in rental assistance to help renters stay housed during the pandemic. Rental assistance helps renters and landlords make ends meet.
- If you’re a renter having trouble paying your rent, utilities, or other housing costs – or if you’re a landlord trying to stay afloat with tenants in this situation – help may be available. State and local programs are taking applications from renters and landlords to distribute money from the U.S. Department of Treasury’s Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA) program in their own communities.
- If you’re a landlord, you may think of rental assistance as help for renters. But right now, most federal emergency rental assistance programs accept applications from landlords. Where renters can apply, they often need your help to complete the process and make payments to you.
HOW TO APPLY
To determine your eligibility for federal assistance, or to apply for assistance, visit https://www.consumerfinance.gov/coronavirus/mortgage-and-housing-assistance/renter-protections/find-help-with-rent-and-utilities.