St. Peters, MO – The Rockwood and Tri-County Labor Clubs’ popular Labor Tug-O-War returns this Saturday, Aug. 4, with a reminder to Vote ‘NO’ on Prop A to defeat so-called “right-to-work.”
This event, at 370 Lakeside Park in St. Peters, MO, will include a family picnic, kids games, Kids Tug-O-War and Kids Fishing Tournament.
In addition to reminding everyone to get out and Vote ‘NO’ on Prop A, the event will help raise funds for Rebuilding Together St. Louis, the union-supported program that helps low-income elderly and disabled homeowners.
The local vs. local Tug-O-War is open to all locals in Missouri and Southern Illinois.
Entered teams will weigh-in between 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
The competition will start at 11 a.m.
FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
The day’s activities will include:
• Labor Tug-O-War – A double elimination contest with medals going to the top four teams and the winner taking home the coveted traveling Greg Booth/Dee Sprayberry Memorial Crystal Trophy, named after the late IBEW Local 1 Business Manager Greg Booth and late Operating Engineers Local 513 veteran Business Representative Dee Sprayberry.
• A family picnic with food provided by Rockwood and Tri-County Labor Clubs.
• A Kids Tug-O-War and other kid’s games, with candy and prizes for all participants.
• A Kids Fishing event from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., sponsored by the Rockwood and Tri-County Labor Clubs and the Missouri AFL-CIO. The first 100 kids will receive a FREE rod and reel courtesy of the Labor clubs, the Missouri AFl-CIO and Pure Fishing.
• Attendance prizes including: Cardinals tickets, gift cards and a couple of bicycles.
• Fun and excitement as union members and their families cheer on their big and little champions.
TALK BEFORE YOU TUG
We Are MO, the coalition of workers and worker-affiliated groups working to defeat Prop A (RTW) on the ballot Aug. 7, will be canvassing the morning of Aug. 4 out of Tri-County Labor Club headquarters at 12 Droste Square, St Charles MO 63301.
Doors will open at 8:15 a.m. for a short training session.
Members will walk from 9 a.m. until 10:30 a.m., then head over to Lakeside Park for the Tug-O-War and Family Picnic.
BENEFITS REBUILDING TOGETHER
For more information, contact Marty McClimens with Rockwood Labor Club at 314-920-1404 or email email@example.com; or Ron Arbuthnot with Tri-County Labor Club at 314-393-4578 or email rarbuthnot@local562.