Sept. 20 event sold out
Recipients of the Missouri Women in Trades (MOWIT) inaugural Tradeswomen Awards will also receive Missouri Senate resolutions at tomorrow night’s Blue Collar/Black Tie Tradeswomen Awards Gala.
The event, celebrating tradeswomen’s achievements and the great strides made by local contractors and unions to support women in the building trades, will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday, Sept. 20 at Sheet Metal Workers Local 36 Grand Hall at 2319 Chouteau Ave. in St. Louis. Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
In addition to each awardee receiving a Senate resolution, MOWIT will also be honored with a resolution on behalf of the its work helping women enter and succeed in the union building trades. The honorees include:
- Tradeswoman of the year: Cindy Frank, president of Carpenters Local 945 in Jefferson City
- Tradeswomen Honorable Mentions: Kim Sachse, an IBEW Local 1 journeywoman, and Danyeal Crittenden, a Laborers’ Local 42 journeywoman.
- Contractor of the Year: Avid Electric & Communications, an IBEW Local 1 signatory contractor.
- Union/Apprenticeship Program of the Year: The St. Louis Building & Construction Trades Council’s Building Union Diversity (BUD) program.
GUEST SPEAKER SEN. GINA WALSH TO PRESENT RESOLUTIONS
Missouri Senator Gina Walsh (D-Bellefontaine Neighbors), a champion for women in the building trades and working-class people everywhere, will be the evening’s guest speaker and will be present the Senate resolutions.
A retired member of Heat and Frost Insulators Local 1, Sen. Walsh is the first woman to serve president of the Missouri State Building and Construction Trades Council and was the first woman to go through the Insulators apprenticeship program.
The Tradeswomen of the Year nominees included the following. Winners are denoted in boldface:
- Alison Magee, Carpenters Local 664, Waterhout Construction
- Candice Rejmenczak, Painters Local 471, IUPAT District Council 58 Pre-Apprenticeship Program, Job Corps
- Cid Osborne, Roofers Local 2, Kirberg Roofing
- Cindy Frank, Carpenters Local 945, Imhoff Construction
- Danyeal Crittenden, Laborers Local 42, McCarthy Building Company
- Erin Garner-Jodecke, Laborers Local 110, Millstone Weber
- Ginger Moore, Sheet Metal Workers Local 36, Integrated Facilty Services
- Julie Parker, IBEW Local 1, Guarantee Electrical Company
- Kim Sachse, IBEW Local 1, National Electric
- Lynda Mueller Drendel, Carpenters Local 97, Carpenters Joint Apprenticeship Program, retired
- Stacey Bonuso, IBEW Local 1, PayneCrest.
Contractor of the Year nominees included the following. The winner is denoted in boldface:
- Avid Electric and Communication
- Gould Flooring Services, Inc.
- Kirberg Company
- Square Up
The St. Louis Building & Construction Trades Council’s Building Union Diversity (BUD) Program was the only nominee for Union/Apprenticeship Program of the Year.
FOR MORE INFORMATION