Seeking award nominations, sponsorships
Missouri Women in Trades, a non-profit group dedicated to helping women enter and succeed in the building trades, is hosting its inaugural Blue Collar/Black Tie Tradeswomen Awards Gala on Friday, Sept. 20.
The event will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. at Sheet Metal Workers’ Local 36 Grand Hall, 2319 Chouteau Ave. in St. Louis. It will include dinner, the award ceremony and a dance party. The gala is black-tie optional and will include a cash bar.
“The building trades industry is facing a shortage of workers due to the retirement of the Baby Boomer generation,” said MoWIT President Beth Barton. “Women are our future. This inaugural event will celebrate tradeswomen’s achievements as well as the great strides made by local contractors and unions to support women in the trades.”
MoWIT is seeking nominations for the following award categories. If you are interested in nominating a tradeswoman, union or contractor, submit your nomination by Friday, Aug. 16. MOWIT executive board members are ineligible for nomination. The award categories include:
- Tradeswoman of the Year – This is a currently working tradesperson with at least four years of experience. She has achieved a skill level respected by her peers, supervisors and the community, shows passion for her work and mutual respect for co-workers. To nominate a tradeswoman, visit https://forms.gle/iEBrKLA6Gp6r93u47.
- Breaking Barriers – Union of the Year – MoWIT’s goal is to honor unions who support, advocate and sustain women in the workplace. How has this union made innovations, broken barriers and improved the status of women in the skilled trades? Nominate a union by visiting https://forms.gle/JRPj78zw1ShZJf79A.
- Breaking Barriers – Contractor of the Year – The group’s goal is to honor contractors who support, advocate and sustain women in the workplace. How has this company made innovations, broken barriers and improved the status of women in the skilled trades? Nominate a contractor by visiting https://forms.gle/ppFXztGRs2M4k7Wt9.
In addition to the individual awards, MoWIT will be calling up two groups for recognition: tradeswomen who have entered into an apprenticeship in the last year and tradeswomen who have journeyed out in the last year.
The evening will also do a brief roll call of tradeswomen recognized by their years of service for five, 10, 15, 20, 25 and over 25 years.
MoWIT is seeking sponsorships for the gala fundraiser. Sponsorship levels include:
- Platinum ($5,000) – Listing in program booklet and in MOWIT video, a full-page ad, a special message from sponsor included in MOWIT video and table of eight.
- Gold ($2,500) – Listing in program booklet and in MOWIT video, a full-page ad and table of eight.
- Silver ($1,000) – Listing in program booklet and in MOWIT video and a half-page ad.
- Bronze ($500) – Listing in program booklet and in MOWIT video.
TICKETS AND PROGRAM BOOK
Tickets for the event are $45 per person or $360 for a table of eight.
Advertising in the program book is available on a first-come, first-serve basis at the following prices:
- Back cover, full-page, color – $1,000.
- Inside front or back cover, full-page, color – $750.
- Full-page, black-and-white – $500.
- Half-page, black-and-white – $250;
- Quarter-page, black-and-white – $125.
Email ads in a .pdf or .jpg format to email@example.com.
The deadline for tickets, ad submissions and sponsorships is Friday, Aug. 30.