Winners will be recognized at Blue Collar/Black Tie Tradeswomen Awards Gala Sept. 20
By SHERI GASSAWAY
Know of an outstanding local tradeswoman or a union and contractor that has gone the extra mile to support women in the trades? Nominate them for an award from Missouri Women in Trades by Friday, Aug. 16.
The winners will be recognized at the MoWIT Blue Collar/Black Tie Tradeswomen Awards Gala on Sept. 20. Submitting a nomination only takes a few minutes by visiting the links at right which will take you to a simple online form.
Here are the award categories:
- Tradeswoman of the Year – This is a currently working tradesperson with at least four years of experience. She has achieved a skill level respected by her peers, supervisors and the community, shows passion for her work and mutual respect for co-workers. To nominate a tradeswoman, visit https://forms.gle/iEBrKLA6Gp6r93u47.
- Breaking Barriers – Union of the Year – MoWIT’s goal is to honor unions who support, advocate and sustain women in the workplace. How has this union made innovations, broken barriers and improved the status of women in the skilled trades? Nominate a union by visiting https://forms.gle/JRPj78zw1ShZJf79A.
- Breaking Barriers – Contractor of the Year – The group’s goal is to honor contractors who support, advocate and sustain women in the workplace. How has this company made innovations, broken barriers and improved the status of women in the skilled trades? Nominate a contractor by visiting https://forms.gle/ppFXztGRs2M4k7Wt9.
ABOUT THE GALA
The inaugural event will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. at Sheet Metal Workers’ Local 36 Grand Hall, 2319 Chouteau Ave. in St. Louis. It will include dinner, the award ceremony and a dance party. The gala is black-tie optional and will include a cash bar. Tickets for the gala are $45 each or $360 for a table of eight.
Mo. Senator Gina Walsh (D-Bellefontaine Neighbors), a champion for women in the building trades and working class people, will be the guest speaker at the event. Walsh, who serves as the first female president of the Missouri State Building and Construction Trades Council, is also the first woman to go through Heat & Frost Insulators Local 1 apprenticeship program.
MoWIT also is seeking sponsorships for the gala fundraiser. Sponsorship levels include:
- Platinum ($5,000) – Listing in program booklet and in MOWIT video, a full-page ad, a special message from sponsor included in MOWIT video and table of eight
- Gold ($2,500) – Listing in program booklet and in MOWIT video, a full-page ad and table of eight
- Silver ($1,000) – Listing in program booklet and in MOWIT video and a half-page ad
- Bronze ($500) – Listing in program booklet and in MOWIT video
PROGRAM BOOK ADVERTISING
Advertising in the program book is available on a first-come, first-serve basis at the following prices:
- Back cover, full-page, color – $1,000
- Inside front or back cover, full-page, color – $750
- Full-page, black-and-white – $500
- Half-page, black-and-white – $250
- Quarter-page, black-and-white – $125
Email ads in .pdf or .jpg format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEADLINE FOR TICKETS, ADS & SPONSORSHIPS
The deadline for tickets, ad submissions and sponsorships is Friday, Aug. 30.
Make checks payable to MoWIT and mail to 2929 S. Jefferson Ave., St. Louis, MO 63118. For more information, call 636-926-6948.