You can help just by getting a card
By TIM ROWDEN
With the holidays fast approaching, there is no easier way to support union families in need of help from the $5 for the Fight Fund than with the Schnucks eScrip Community Card.
The program launched in August 2013 and has raised more than $10,000 for the Fight Fund.
Here are the yearly totals and the BIG total of how much $5 For the Fight has benefited from this program:
- 2013 (August-December) – $1,167.92
- 2014 (Entire Year) – $5,774.68
- 2015 (Jan-July) – $3,790.46
In total, the eScrip program has raised $10,733 for the Fight Fund.
‘FREE’ MONEY TO HELP
It doesn’t cost anything to participate.
Schnucks, as part of its community outreach, will donate a percentage of your purchase to the $5 for the Fight Fund. It’s that easy. The amount of money donated by Schnucks goes up as your total purchases for the month climb:
- 1 percent for the first $300
- 2 percent from $301 – $600
- 3 percent from $601 – $999
It’s that easy. All you have to do is get the card, register the card and give it to your cashier at checkout.
HOW TO START?
- If you already have a Schnucks eScrip Card, you can add the $5 for the Fight Fund to your existing card by simply calling 1-800-931-6258 and adding “St. Louis Labor Council-5 for the Fight” to it. Schnucks allows you to designate up the three organizations to get funding as long as the group is registered with Schnucks to participate.
- If you don’t have a card, you can get one at the Customer Service Center at any Schnucks. You can have the cashier swipe the card that day when you pay for your groceries, but you’ll need to register the card when you get home to get credit for that day’s purchases and future purchases.
HOW TO REGISTER
There are two ways to register:
- By phone: Call 1-800-931-6258. Say that you want your purchases credited toward “St. Louis Labor Council-5 for the Fight.” You need to specify “St. Louis Labor Council-5 for the Fight,” as that is how the fund is listed with the eScrip program.
- Online: Go to www.escrip.com/schnucks.jsp. Click “Register Your Card” and follow the prompts to fill in the required information. Make sure you indicate “St. Louis Labor Council-5 for the Fight” when it asks you to “Enter a Group Name.” You’ll also need to check the box when the Council’s name comes up.
If you register within seven days of any purchase, that amount is retroactively credited to the $5 for the Fight Fund. Each card also comes with a handy smaller card that you can attach to your car key chain so you’ll have it with you each time you buy groceries.
This is an easy and FREE way to help union families in need. All you have to do is get a card and use it.