A reminder to all readers: In Tuesday’s important primary, in six local races, it’s critical that you ask for a REPUBLICAN ballot, vote for the COPE-endorsed Republican only, and then turn in your ballot.
These six Republicans have earned your vote by standing against right-to- work and other anti-worker proposals. The six are:
- Anne Zerr, who is seeking the Republican nomination for the 23rd Senate District, formerly held by Senator Tom Dempsey. The district includes Cottleville, O’Fallon, Portage Des Sioux, St. Charles, St. Peters, Weldon Spring and West Alton.
- Chrissy Sommer of St. Charles in District 106.
- Rick Lucas of St. Peters in District 107.
- Shane Roden of Cedar Hill in District 111.
- Jeff Schwentker of O’Fallon in District 108.
- Nate Tate of St. Clair in District 119.
Because these six have stood, and stand with, working families, the right-wing zealots of the Republican Party – notably David Humphreys, the radical union-hater from Joplin, and his family – have poured millions into targeted campaigns on radio, TV and billboards in their districts to defeat them by putting up their puppet candidates and then financing the puppets’ campaigns.
Please don’t let them get away with it. Pull a Republican ballot in next Tuesday’s primary in these six districts.
TWO TURNCOAT DEMOCRATS TO DEFEAT
Two races include “pretend” Democrats who should be defeated. Why? They have turned their backs on working families and favor right-to-work.
Those who deserve to be defeated are:
- Courtney Curtis in House District 73.
- Stephen Eagleton in Senate District 15. Mark Boyko has the COPE endorsement in this race.