The event will begin at 6 p.m. at McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood and Steaks at 17 West County Center Drive next to Macy’s. The cost to attend is $35, and reservations are required.
The scholarship awardees include:
• Haley Crownover, construction management, University of Central Missouri;
• Meagan Ley, architecture, Drury University;
• Bryan O’Day, construction management, Washington University;
• Heather Randolph, architectural engineering, Kansas State University;
• Nour Fuga, architecture, Ranken Technical College.
• Maria Brewington, who is enrolled in the University of Missouri at St. Louis/Washington University Joint Engineering Program, will receive the 2017 Carol Keuker Memorial Grant.
To qualify for the scholarships, students had to have been enrolled in a curriculum leading to a career in a construction-related field and had to have completed at least 12 credit hours of college level study. Applicants were selected based upon financial need, grade point average and commitment to their field of study. Equal consideration was given to all applicants, male and female.
The St. Louis chapter of NAWIC has awarded 352 scholarships and grants totaling over $536,000 since 1979 thanks to the construction industry’s generous support of the organization’s annual scholarship golf tournament.
Founded in 1953, the National Association of Women in Construction is a not-for-profit organization focused on enhancing the success of women in construction by providing support, nurturing and business opportunities in the construction.
To RSVP to the awards ceremony, email Sue Seawright at firstname.lastname@example.org or text her at 636-751-8437.