The A. Philip Randolph Institute (APRI), Labor Council for Latin American Advancement, Coalition of Labor Union Women, League of Women Voters, Coalition of Black Trade Unionists, Service Employees International Union Local 1, Eastern Missouri Laborers District Council and the Phi Theta Beta Honor Society are hosting a Student Summit on Saturday, March 31, at St. Louis Community College at Forest Park.
The program will be held in the Building E Cafeteria at 5600 Oakland Ave. in St Louis starting with an 8 a.m. registration and breakfast.
Speakers and programming include:
• 9 a.m. – Video: “All of Us or None of Us;”
• 9:15 a.m. – Missouri State Rep. Bruce Franks Jr. (D-St. Louis) and Sara Crosley of Washington University-St. Louis discussing “Workers’ Rights and Students’ Rights”
• 9:40 a.m. – St. Louis Fifth Ward Committeeman Rasheen Aldridge discussing pay equity the Raise Up Missouri and Fight for 15 campaigns;
• 10 a.m. – Video: “Show Me Democracy!”
• Erica Wei and Allie Lindstrom discussing “Students’ Issues – Students’ Rights”
• Catherine Stenger of the St. Louis League of Women Voters discussing “Your Voice Your Vote!”
• 12:15 p.m. – Tiffany Dena Loftin, NAACP National Director of Youth & College – closing and call to action.
To register, contact Sal Valadez of Laborers Local 110 at 319-383-6200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.