As COVID-19 vaccinations roll out and pandemic-related health restrictions begin to ease, area unions are resuming their annual golf outing fundraisers. If your union has a golf tournament planned, please send the pertinent information to Managing Editor Tim Rowden at Labor Tribune, 505 S. Ewing Ave., St. Louis, MO 63101, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• May 14 – 26th Annual United Steelworkers District 7, Sub District 2 Scholarship Golf Tournament will be held at the Arlington Greens Golf Course, 200 Arlington Dr., Granite City, IL. Proceeds from the tournament support the Sub District 2 Annual Scholarship for sons or daughters of Steelworkers. For a donation of $80 per player entry fee (skins and mulligans available), each participant will be able to enjoy 18 holes of golf, use of a golf cart, beer, soda, brats, attendance prizes, souvenirs, the chance to win awards and dinner prepared by USW Local 9189 immediately following the tournament.
Registration is from 7-7:50 a.m., followed by an 8 a.m. four-person scramble shotgun start. NOTE: Arlington Greens requires the use of spikeless golf shoes. First place in each of four flights will win prizes.
Hole sponsorships are $125. Tournament sponsorships are $250. Donations for door and raffle prizes are also needed. Make checks payable to USW Sub District 2 Scholarship Fund, 10 Central Industrial Dr., Suite 4, Granite City, IL 62040. For more information, call 618-452-1130.
• May 20 – St. Louis Labor Council Union Reps’ Luncheon and Golf Tournament will be held at Forest Park Golf Course – Dogwood and Red Bud Courses opening with a 7:30 a.m. shotgun start. The lunch program runs from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., with lunch served at 11:30. Lunch is already paid for Labor Council members; guest lunch tickets are $50 per person. The entry fee for all golfers – both members and guests – is $60 per person. For golf entry and guest lunch tickets, make checks payable to “Union Representatives Luncheon,” c/o St. Louis Labor Council, AFL-CIO, 3301 Hollenberg Drive, Bridgeton, MO 63044. The deadline for entry and lunch reservations is Wednesday, April 21.
• June 5 – IAM Chapter 9 Annual Guide Dogs of America Golf Tournament will be held at The Golf Club of Florissant, 50 Country Club Lane, Florissant, MO 63033. Registration begins at 6:30 a.m., with a shotgun start at 7:30 a.m. An entry donation of $500 for a team of four includes golf, green fees, cart, beverages, food on the turn, prizes and dinner upon completion. A team with hole sponsorship is $700. Regular hole sponsorship is $225. All proceeds will go directly to the Guide Dogs of America. Visit www.guidedogsofamerica.org to find out more. Donations are tax deductible (EIN #95-1586088). Register by May 21. Make checks payable to Chapter Nine, Guide Dogs of America and mail to Dave Weaver, chairperson, GDA, Chapter Nine, 12365 St. Charles Rock Road, Bridgeton, MO 63044. For more information, call 314-739-6200.
• June 8 – Illinois AFL-CIO COPE’s 14th Annual Golf Outing will be held at the Rail Golf Course,1400 S. Club House Drive in Springfield, Ill. The entry fee is $250 per player. Morning tee times start at 7:30 a.m., afternoon play starts with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. Dinner will follow at 6 p.m. Sponsorships range from $300 for a Hole Sponsors to $5,000 for a Gold Sponsorship, which include four golfers, a hole sign and sponsorship signs at both lunch and dinner. To register by May 26, make checks payable to Illinois AFL-CIO COPE, 534 S. 2nd St., Suite 200, Springfield IL 62701-1764. Include a contact name and phone number. For more information, call Terri Payne at 217-492-2622.
• June 10 – Southwestern Illinois Building & Construction Trades Council’s 26th Annual PAC Golf Scramble will be held at Fox Creek Country Club, 6555 Fox Creek Drive, Edwardsville, Ill. Proceeds benefit the Council’s PAC fund to support state and local election candidates who are friends of Labor. Registration begins at 7 a.m. Play will begin at 8 a.m. Entry is $400 per team. Sponsorships range from $150 to $500. Due to COVID-19, social distancing will be enforced and there will be no dinner and awards ceremony after the tournament. Prize winners will be notified by mail. Make checks payable to Southwestern Building & Construction Trades Council PAC, and mail to 2A Meadow Heights Professional Park, Collinsville, IL 62234.
• June 12 – IBEW Local 1439’s 25th Annual Tom Kraus Memorial Golf Tournament, benefiting the American Cancer Society’s Hope Lodge Center, will be held at Forest Park Golf Course, 5595 Grand Drive, St. Louis, MO 63110. Entry fee is $100 per golfer or $400 per four-person team. Sponsorships range from $100 for a Hole Sponsor to $5,000 for a Corporate Gold Sponsor. Corporate sponsorships include a foursome and banner with name recognition. All proceeds benefit Hope Lodge. Make checks payable to IBEW Local 1439 and mail with entry form to IBEW Local 1439, 2121 59th St., St. Louis MO, 63110. To make a donation, register a team or for more information, call 314-644-6111.
June 12 – 6th Annual Page A. Lucks Memorial Charity Golf Scramble, hosted by Painters District Council 58 PATCH (Painters and Allied Trades for Children’s Hope), will be held at Florissant Golf Club, 50 Country Club Lane in Florissant, MO 63033. Tournament play will begin with an 8 a.m. shotgun start, followed by lunch in the afternoon. The event includes door prizes, tournament prizes and a 50-50 raffle. Tournament packages are $650 for a foursome and hole sponsor, $500 for a foursome, $600 for a lunch sponsor, $600 for a beverage cart sponsor or $150 for a hole sponsor. Individual tickets for $125 may be purchased by contacting the District Council 58 office. For more information, or to purchase individual tickets, call 314-647-3327 in Missouri or 618-345-6646 in Illinois.
• June 12 – The 23rd Annual Wood River Township Democratic Committeemen’s Golf Scramble will be held at Belk Park Golf, 880 Park Road, Wood River, Ill. Registration begins at 10:30 a.m., with a shotgun start at noon. Dinner and awards presentation will immediately follow play. Entry fee is $90 per golfer or $360 for a four-person team. Sponsorships range from $100 to $1,000. Skins and mulligans are available for $20 each. Make checks payable to Wood River Township Democrats and mail with registration information to B. Dean Webb, 161 Shamrock St., East Alton, IL 62024. For more information, call Phil Little at 618-444-2383; Bill Robertson at 618-251-4600; or B. Dean Webb at 618-8558 or by cell at 618-604-0858.
• Sept. 17 – CWA Local 6300 Four-Man Scramble Golf Tournament benefitting The BackStoppers will be held at the Old Florissant Golf Course, 50 Country Club Lane, Florissant, Mo. Registration begins at 10 a.m. with a shotgun start at 11 a.m. Entry fee is $400 per four-person team. The event will include skins, mulligans, 50/50 raffle, prizes, food and drinks as well as a ribeye dinner after golf. Make checks payable to CWA 6300 and mail to Joe Klenc, 2258 Grissom Dr., Maryland Heights, MO 63146. For more information, call Klenc at 314-825-8801 or email him at email@example.com.