Receive $2,000-$10,000 in incentives to use at closing
By ED FINKELSTEIN
The special homebuyer incentive program, “Neighborhoods Built By Your Neighbors,” will be ending on Feb. 28. The program sponsored by eight construction unions and four area homebuilders has only days to go.
This is your last chance to save $2,000-$10,000 on your dream home, whether it’s your first starter home or you’re expanding into a larger one to meet your family’s growing needs.
It’s a unique opportunity for Missouri homebuyers to buy a quality union-built home.
Now in its ninth year, the unique incentive program provides homebuyers with $2,000-$10,000 in incentives to use at closing to add upgrades, reduce their home loan interest rates or cover closing costs.
The incentive for upgrades can be used to add a finished basement, brick front, custom flooring or anything the homebuyer wants at no additional cost.
The amount of the incentive is based on the final purchase price, and is offered in addition do any negotiating you can do with the individual homebuilder in any of their Missouri subdivisions.
Homebuilders participating in the program are Fischer & Frichtel, McBride & Son Homes, McKelvey Homes and Payne Family Homes. The homebuilders have committed an additional $108,000 to market the program, over and above their normal marketing dollars.
Participating unions, which pooled $1,080,000 to fund program, include the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 1 in conjunction with the Electrical Connection, SMART Sheet Metal Workers Local 36, Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 562, Cement Masons Local 527, the Eastern Missouri Laborers District Council, Painters District Council 58, Operating Engineers Local 513 and the St. Louis-Kansas City Carpenters Regional Council.
The unique union homebuilding program features:
- Cash incentives ranging from $2,000 to $10,000 to be used at closing for anything from closing costs, loan interest rate reduction or personal selections of premium flooring, lighting, cabinetry countertops or other upgrades.
- 100 percent union-built homes, no exceptions.
- Availability in only the Missouri communities of the four participating homebuilders.
- First come, first served until the funds are exhausted.
- A commitment by participating homebuilders that they will ensure all work on all their homes is 100 percent union for a full year. In the past a participating builder, on rare occasion, had used a non-union subcontractor after the incentive program had ended.
The Spring building season is just around the corner. Now is the chance to buy the home of your dreams. For more information go to stlunionhomebuilders.com.