By ED FINKELSTEIN
Get your dream home while funds last
The “Neighborhoods Built by Your Neighbors” special homebuyers’ incentive program, sponsored by eight construction unions and four area homebuilders, has been extended through March, or while funds last.
With the spring building season just around the corner, the unique program offers first-time or expanding homebuyers the chance to save $2,000-$10,000 on closing costs or upgrades in Missouri subdivision developments of the four participating homebuilders.
The funds, provided by eight participating unions, can be used for anything the homebuyer wants, including:
• Closing costs.
• Reducing the home loan interest rate.
Upgrades might include a finished basement, putting a brick front on the home, custom flooring or adding special features the homebuyer wants. But time is running short!
The incentives are available on a first-come, first-serve basis and are only available as long as the more that $1 million in incentive dollars provided by the participating unions lasts.
A major portion has already been used by excited first-time homebuyers and those upgrading to larger union-built homes.
“We are lucky to have such quality construction and craftsmanship through our local unions,” said John F. Eilermann Jr., CEO and chairman of the board of McBride Homes. “This program is a great opportunity not only to get a great deal on a new home, but to create jobs and support union workers and their families.
“It showcases the unique and progressive relationship between St. Louis area unions and private homebuilders,” he added.
Now in its ninth year, the unique homebuilding program features:
- Cash incentives ranging from $2,000 to $10,000 to be used at closing for anything from closing costs, loan interest rate reduction or personal selections of premium flooring, lighting, cabinetry countertops or other upgrades.
- 100 percent union-built homes, no exceptions.
- Availability only in Missouri communities of the four participating homebuilders.
- First-come, first-served until the funds are exhausted.
- A commitment by participating homebuilders that they will ensure all work on all their homes is 100 percent union for a full year. In the past a participating builder, on rare occasion, had used a non-union subcontractor after the incentive program had ended.
“It’s real cash for use at closing and it’s in addition to St. Louis Union Homebuilding Partnership Builder’s best deal,” stated Jim Brennan, owner of McKelvey Homes. “It’s really an amazing deal for buyers.”
FUNDS PROVIDED BY PARTICIPATING UNIONS
Local building trades unions pooled $1,080,000 to fund program. Participating unions include the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 1 in conjunction with the Electrical Connection, SMART Sheet Metal Workers Local 36, Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 562, Cement Masons Local 527, the Eastern Missouri Laborers District Council, Painters District Council 58, Operating Engineers Local 513 and the St. Louis-Kansas City Carpenters Regional Council
Homebuilders participating in the program are Fischer & Frichtel, McBride & Son Homes, McKelvey Homes and Payne Family Homes. The homebuilders committed an additional $108,000 to market the program, over and above their normal marketing dollars to reach aspiring homebuyers and create jobs for local union members.
Now is the time to get the home you’ve always wanted, but time (and funds) are running out. Find out what you can save and what you can get in your dream home by visiting stlunionhomebuilders.com.