- Dec. 11 – Missouri Women in Trades (MoWIT) Tradeswomen Meetup – Join other tradeswomen for coffee and conversation from 4 - 7 p.m. at the MoWIT office, 2929 S. Jefferson Ave., in St. Louis. Children are welcome. For more information, call 636-926-6948 or email email@example.com.
- Dec. 14 – St. Louis Building Trades Chili Cookoff, 3 p.m. at Florissant Elks Lodge 2316, located at 16400 New Halls Ferry Rd. Florissant, 63031. Contest entry is $25 or $35 for entry and a shirt. Cash bar, hamburgers, hotdogs, soda and water provided. General entry, $10 per person or $15 for family of five or less. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dec. 14 – CLUW Monthly Meeting – The St. Louis Chapter of the Coalition of Labor Union Women will hold its monthly chapter meeting from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. at UAW 282, 3460 Hollenberg Drive, in Bridgeton. All CLUW members are invited to attend. For more information, call Kim Cook Bell at 636-544-5411.
- Jan. 20 – Coalition of Black Trade Unionists (CBTU) St. Louis Chapter’s 42nd Annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Human Rights Award Banquet at Sheet Metal Workers Local 36 Hall, 2319 Chouteau Ave., St. Louis, Mo. Honorees include Natashia Pickens, president of CWA Local 6355, Ronnie Griffin, president and business representative for Laborers Local 110 and Stanley Jackson, organizer and leaders for the “Fight for $15 and a Union.” St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner will be the keynote speaker. Banquet donations are $45 per person or $450 for a table of 10. Make checks payable to CBTU, P.O. Box 5034, St. Louis, Mo. For ticket information, contact President Emeritus Lew Moye at 314-495-5635. Program book ads are $150 for a full page or $80 for a half page. For advertising information contact President Jay Ozier at 314-435-1752 or email email@example.com.
- Feb. 8 – Oakville Democratic Organization’s 15th Annual Trivia Night at IBEW Local 1 Union Hall, 5850 Elizabeth Ave., St. Louis, Mo. Doors open at 6 p.m. Trivia starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $25 per person or $200 for a table of eight. Prepay table by Jan. 20, 2020 for a reduced price of $175 per table. Cash prizes will be awarded for First Place ($300), Second Place ($200) and Third Place ($100). For advance registrations, contact Arlene at 314-623-0412, email firstname.lastname@example.org or Terri at 314-487-0202.
- Feb. 15 – Tri-County Labor Club’s St. Patrick’s Day Mouse Races at Christy Banquet Center, 9000 Veterans Memorial Parkway in O’Fallon. Doors open at 6 p.m. Racing begins at 7 p.m. Tickets are $15 per person or $25 per couple. Beer, wine soda and appetizer provided. Cash bar for anything else.
- March 21-22 – Painters and Allied Trades’ Third Annual Children’s Hope Casting for Kids Fishing Tournament at Alhona Resort and Marina, 677 Outer Dr., Lake Ozark, Mo. Entry is $120 per two-person boat, five fish daily limit. Payout is one for every five teams. Payout for biggest bass. Registration is open through March 20, 2020. Register before Jan. 1, 2020 for your team to be entered in the Early Bird Raffle. For more information, call Rich Lucks at 314-974-0617, email email@example.com, or Steve Wayland at 618-795-9547, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.CastingForKids.dc58.org.
Have something for the Calendar? Send it to Tim Rowden, editor, at email@example.com.