Please consider making a holiday donation
With Christmas just around the corner, if you’re looking for a solid, helpful last-minute Christmas gift that will go a long way, consider a donation to the Robert J. Kelley $5 for the Fight Fund that helps our union families facing financial crisis.
As the COVID-19 pandemic ravages workplaces across our region, more and more union families are turning to the Fight Fund for help. Here are a few recent examples:
- A long time tradesman was laid–off and his wife was dealing with an illness that required several hospital stays and time off from her job as well. Both were out of work and the bills began to pile up. The Fight Fund helped with food and utilities, and the United Way, which administers the fund for the St. Louis Labor Council, was able to refer them to other United Way agencies for additional support.
- A union member was forced to flee from an abusive relationship and found herself without a place to stay during the COVID-19 lockdown. With landlords hesitant to take on new tenants in uncertain times, and with the union member unable to come up with deposit money on her own, the United Way’s Labor Liaison was able to leverage resources to help her find and move into a suitable apartment.
- A union member and single parent of three lost her job due to the coronavirus. While waiting for her unemployment the Fight Fund helped with her electric bill.
Your help is needed now more than ever. Please consider making a gift to “$5 for the Fight,” knowing that your contribution will help a fellow union family in need
WAYS TO DONATE
Donations to the $5 for the Fight Fund can be made by check or online. One hundred percent of each donation goes directly to the Fund. There are three ways to donate:
- Mail a check or money order to “$5 for the Fight, c/o St. Louis Labor Council, 3301 Hollenberg Drive, Bridgeton, MO 63044; please include your union affiliation.
- Online – Visit our $5 for the Fight page. You will be taken to a secure page where you can make a secure one-time donation or a repeating monthly donation.
- Schnucks eScrip program – This is “free money” for the Fight Fund. If you have a free eScrip card, Schnucks will donate a percentage of your purchase to the Fight Fund, and it doesn’t cost you a thing. You can pick up an eScrip card at your local Schnucks store.
One hundred percent of every donation goes into the “Fight Fund.” All efforts to promote and service the Fund are donated by the Labor Council, the United Way and the Labor Tribune.
Please consider making a contribution today.