By TIM ROWDEN
The new Entertainment and Event Alliance of St. Louis (EEASL) is hosting a Management/Labor Breakfast Wednesday, April 3, at 7:30 a.m. at Maggie O’Brien’s, 2000 Market St., in St. Louis to discuss:
• The proposed America’s Center expansion.
• Proposed St. Louis Major League Soccer team and stadium.
• The benefits of collective bargaining agreements in both facility construction and operation.
• How management and Labor can continue to work and grow together for a better St. Louis.
Featured guest speakers will include:
- Mike Louis, president, Missouri AFL-CIO.
- Kitty Ratcliffe, president, Explore St. Louis.
- Thomas Strunk, chief financial officer, World Wide Technologies.
EEASL is an alliance of union locals that provide workers for the music, theater, broadcasting, motion picture, convention, event services and hospitality industry that have joined together to promote cooperation and unity between affiliates, harmonious relations with employers and improved diversity through opportunities in education and training.
The alliance includes IBEW Local 1 (Electricians), IBEW Local 4 (Broadcasting and Recording), IATSE Local 6 (Stagehands), IATSE Local 143 (Projectionists), IATSE Local 493 (Missouri Studio Mechanics), IATSE Local 805 (Wardrobe-Hair-Makeup), Musicians Local 2-197 AFM, SAG-AFTRA (Performers and Broadcasters), Teamsters Local 600 (Convention and Trade Shows), Teamsters Local 610 (Misc. Drivers and Healthcare), United Scenic Artists USA 829, Unite Here Local 74, and USW Local 39 (Decorators and Displaymen).
If you plan to attend the breakfast, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.