Program helps $5 for the Fight just by shopping
With the holidays fast approaching, there’s no better time to support union families in need of help from the $5 for the Fight Fund with the Schnucks eScrip Community Card.
Unfortunately some members have had a hard time getting registered.
Here’s how to do it:
• By phone: Call 1-800-931-6258. Say that you want your purchases credited toward “St. Louis Labor Council-5 for the Fight.” You need to specify “St. Louis Labor Council-5 for the Fight (Group No. 500030665)” as that is how the fund is listed with the eScrip program.
• Online: Go to www.escrip.com/schnucks.jsp. Click “Register Your Card” and follow the prompts to fill in the required information. Make sure you indicate “St. Louis Labor Council-5 for the Fight” when it asks you to “Enter a Group Name.” You’ll also need to check the box when the Council’s name comes up.
If you register within seven days of any purchase, that amount is retroactively credited to the $5 for the Fight Fund. Each card also comes with a handy smaller card that you can attach to your car key chain so you’ll have it with you each time you buy groceries.
• If you already have a Schnucks eScrip Card, you can add the $5 for the Fight Fund to your existing card by simply calling 1-800-931-6258 and adding “St. Louis Labor Council-5 for the Fight (Group No. 500030665)” to it. Schnucks allows you to designate up the three organizations to get funding as long as the group is registered with Schnucks to participate.
This is an easy and FREE way to help union families in need. And it doesn’t cost anything to participate.
Schuncks, as part of its community outreach, will donate a percentage of your purchase to the $5 for the Fight Fund. It’s that easy. The amount of money donated by Schnucks goes up as your total purchases for the month climb:
- 1 percent for the first $300
- 2 percent from $301 – $600
- 3 percent from $601 – $999
It’s that easy. All you have to do is get the card, register the card and give it to your cashier at checkout.