Celebration of life for former St. Louis federal mediator, Teamsters 347 president set for March 11
O’Fallon, IL – A celebration of life ceremony for Thomas “Max” Aud is scheduled for Saturday, March 11 in O’Fallon, IL.
Mr. Aud, who most recently served as a mediator for the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service for the Grand Rapids, MI, region, died Jan. 13 after a year-long battle with brain cancer (primary CNS lymphoma).
Prior to moving to Michigan in 2015, Mr. Aud was a mediator for the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service for the St. Louis region for 16 years. Before becoming a federal mediator, he served as president and business agent for Teamsters Local 347 in West Frankfort, IL, for 14 years.
The celebration of life ceremony will be held at the First United Methodist Church of O’Fallon, 504 E. Highway 50, O’Fallon, IL (across from O’Fallon High School). The gathering will start at 1 p.m., and the service will begin at 2 p.m.
Mr. Aud is survived by his wife, Barbara Brundage; his children, Heather Bollmeier Cutrell, Shane Bollmeier, Jacob Aud, Evan Aud, and Lauren Aud; his mother, Wanda Aud (nee McCray); his siblings, Kenneth Aud, Becky Aud-Jennison, and Randol Aud; as well as many other family members and dear friends. He was preceded in death by his father, Clarence Robert Aud.
Funeral services were held on Jan. 16 at the Vergennes United Methodist Church in Lowell, MI. Memorial donations may be made to any of the following:
- Hospice of Holland, 70 Hoover Blvd., Holland, MI 49423 (or your local hospice);
- Gilda’s Club, 1806 Bridge St. NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504;
- Labor Fund/The United Way (Checks payable to: “United Way of Greater St. Louis-Labor”), United Way-Labor Dept., 910 N. 11th St., St. Louis, MO 63101-1018;
- Highlander Research & Education Center, 1959 Highlander Way, New Market, TN 37820;
- First United Methodist Church, 415 S. Hamilton, Marissa, IL 62257;
- Vergennes Methodist Church, 10411 Bailey Dr. NE, Lowell, MI 49331.