Six children from union families scored free bikes at the Aug. 4 Labor Tug-O-War and Family Picnic thanks to the generosity of three local Labor clubs.
The Jefferson County, North County and St. Louis City labor clubs each donated two bikes – one for girls and one for boys – for the raffle. The family-friendly event also included a kids tug-o-war, fishing tournament and free rods and reels for the first 100 children.
Here are the winners followed by their family’s union affiliation:
• Kayla Cano, Sprinkler Fitters Local; 268;
• Nick Evans, IBEW Local 1;
• Dominick Finnazo, Gas Workers Local 11-6;
• Liam Moreland, Gas Workers Local, 11-6;
• Jo Jo Neuner, Sprinkler Fitters Local 268; and
• Addy Nixon, Insulators Local 1.