By SHERI GASSAWAY
Several local election jurisdictions are opening satellite voting locations and/or extending their hours for in-person absentee voting for the Nov. 3 general election.
Many election officials have reported record requests for absentee ballots due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The deadline to request an absentee ballot in Missouri was Oct. 21. However, voters can still vote absentee in person at their local election authority.
Jefferson County is the latest to announce additional locations and expanded hours to keep up with record turnout before the election. It is opening two satellite locations next week:
- Rickman Auditorium at 747 Jeffco Blvd. in Arnold. Absentee voting will be held Oct. 28 to 30 from 9 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. NOTE: County officials changed the location to Rickman on Oct. 23. It originally was to take place at the Fox C-6 Service Center, which is just down the street.
- Jefferson County Health Department at 5684 State Road PP in High Ridge. You can vote absentee Oct. 26 to 30 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Additionally, the Jefferson County Election Authority Office at 729 Maple St. in Hillsboro is extending its hours from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. for absentee voting Oct. 22 and 23, and Oct. 26 through 30. It also will be open on Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Oct. 24 and 31 and on Monday, Nov. 2 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
ST. LOUIS COUNTY
The St. Louis County Election Authority has opened four satellite locations in addition to its main office in St. Ann. The locations include:
- St. Louis County Election Authority at 725 Northwest Plaza Dr. in St. Ann.
- St. Louis County Library Mid-County Branch at 7821 Maryland Ave. in Clayton.
- West County Government Center at 82 Clarkson Wilson Center in Chesterfield.
- South County Government Center at 4554 Lemay Ferry Road in Keller Plaza.
- North County Recreational Complex at 2577 Redman Road.
Absentee voting is offered at all five locations from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday Oct. 24 and 31, and from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 2.
ST. LOUIS CITY
St. Louis City voters can cast an absentee ballot at the St. Louis City Board of Election Commissioner’s office at 300 N. Tucker Ave. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday through Nov. 2, and on Saturday Oct. 24 and 31 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Additionally, four St. Louis Public Library locations will be open for absentee voting through Nov. 2 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday and from 1 to 7 p.m. on Wednesdays and Thursdays. The library locations include:
- Buder Library at 4401 Hampton Ave.
- Central Library at 1301 Olive St.
- Julia Davis Library at 4415 Natural Bridge Ave.
- Schlafly Library at 225 N. Euclid Ave.
Voters casting absentee ballots at the library locations will only be able to vote on a touch screen machine. Voters who want to cast a paper ballot will have to do so at the main office at 300 N. Tucker Blvd.
ST. CHARLES COUNTY
Absentee voting at the St. Charles County Election Authority at 397 Turner Blvd. in St. Peters is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Nov. 2, and on Saturday Oct. 24 and 31 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.