By SHERI GASSAWAY
O’Fallon, MO – Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 562 and Sprinkler Fitters Local 268 raised $10,000 for St. Louis Crisis Nursery in their second annual softball game last month at the O’Fallon Elks’ Lodge.
Jane Beckman, the nursery’s senior director of communications, was on hand for the event and threw out the first pitch. Nine innings later, Local 268 claimed bragging rights in the game, winning their second title in two years.
Afterward, Local 562 Business Manager John O’Mara and Local 268 Business Manager Robert Stuart presented Beckman with a check to help with all the daily needs at the organization.
“We love supporting many different charities in our area but this year the teams wanted to give back to a charity near and dear,” O’Mara said. “Jane and the rest of the staff are incredible. The doors are always open and ready to help families in need.”
St. Louis Crisis Nursery is committed to the prevention of child abuse and neglect and provides emergency intervention, respite care and support to families in crisis through:
- Short-term care for young children in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Proactively helping families resolve crisis.
- Empowering families by providing valuable resources, ongoing support and in-depth parent education.
- Grassroots community outreach and public awareness of child abuse and neglect prevention.
- Advocacy for the overall welfare of children and families.
For more information on the organization or to donate, visit crisisnurserykids.org.