Granite City – A resource fair for laid-off steelworkers will be held from 2 to 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 14, at the Granite City Township Hall, 2060 Delmar Ave., sponsored by United Steelworkers and United Way.
Information available at the open house event will include:
- Health insurance options.
- Job and retraining information.
- Pre-employment programs.
- Financial consultation and assistance.
- Community resources and assistance.
- Employee Assistance Program support.
An on-site, take-home food bank will be provided, as well as child care, food and refreshments.
For more information, contact your union local or the United Way labor liaisons at (618) 258-9800 or (618) 877-6780.