SMART Sheet Metal Workers Local 36’s 19th Annual Charity Golf Tournament, held earlier this month to benefit the St. Vincent Home for Children, raised $20,000 for the home.
Over the last 19 years, with the continued support of their generous sponsors, Local 36 has raised approximately $300,000 for the home, which provides treatment for at-risk youth.
A HISTORY OF HELPING
Local 36 has been helping the St. Vincent home for over 20 years, starting with charitable projects at the home and started the golf tournament to help meet the home’s financial needs, Local 36 President and Business Manager David Zimmermann said.
“We started out with small projects for the Home. For example, our members installed a metal roof on a pavilion. However, we saw their needs were greater, so we started the golf tournament as a way to help on a larger, continuing scale.”
St. Vincent has been serving the Greater St. Louis Community since 1850, starting as an orphan home. Today, St. Vincent provides for at-risk youth with high quality, professional treatment. To make that help available to as many youth as possible, St. Vincent offers a variety of on-site residential and home-based programs. Programs are tailored for the various levels of support that our kids need and are created to be seamless, so that children and families have as much support as they need for as long as they need it.
“St. Vincent has been a part of this community, doing important work for the children and families of our community for over 165 years,” Zimmermann said. “We’re proud to be able to help them in their efforts.”
For more information, visit www.saintvincenthome.org, or call 314-261-6011.
This year’s sponsors included:
- Architectural Sheet Metal Systems
- Bricklayers BAC-ADC of Eastern MO
- C & R Mechanical Company
- Cardinals Care – St. Louis Cardinals
- Casey Communications
- CDS Services, Inc.
- Cement Masons Union, Local 527
- Central Missouri SMACNA
- Conner Ash PC
- Controlled Heating & Air Cond, Inc.
- Coventry Health Care/Aetna
- Curtis Chick
- Duct Systems, Inc.
- Eastern Missouri Laborers Dist. Council
- Ekon Benefits
- Flynn Midwest
- Fox Sports Midwest
- Frank Fischer/Design Aire Inc.
- Gateway Grizzlies
- Haberberger, Inc.
- HealthSCOPE Benefits
- Hulett Heating & Air Conditioning
- Hyde Heating & Sheet Metal Inc.
- Integrated Facility Services
- Iron Workers Local 396
- W. Terrill
- Jarrell Mechanical Contractors
- Jefferson Bank & Trust
- Kuenz Heating & Sheet Metal
- Labor Tribune
- Lawrence Fabric & Metal Structures, Inc.
- LDI Integrated Pharmacy
- Lyon Sheet Metal, Inc.
- Marquette Associates
- Missouri AFL-CIO
- Mueller Prost LC
- Murphy Company
- Nieroda Insurance Agency
- O’Brien Law Firm
- Office Essentials-Sheri Accardi
- Operating Engineers Local 148
- Peters-Eichler Mechanical
- Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 562
- Prudential Retirement
- Regional Union Construction Center
- River City Rascals
- Rockwood Capital Advisors
- Roofers Local 2
- Schuchat, Cook & Werner, Attorneys
- Scott-Lee Heating, Inc.
- Servco Equipment Company
- Sheet Metal Contractors Inc. (SMCI)
- SMACNA-St. Louis Chapter
- SMART Transportation Division
- Sprinkler Fitters Local 268
- Louis Building & Construction Trades Council
- Louis Labor Council, AFL-CIO
- Teamsters Local 688
- US Bank, NA
- Vogel Sheet Metal & Heating
- Voluntary Political Fund – Local 36
- Wiegmann Associates Inc.