The Southern Illinois Builders Association (SIBA) is soliciting candidates for SIBA Scholarships in the fall, with a Nov. 3, 2023 deadline for applications to be submitted to allow the SIBA Education Committee to meet and make their selections.
SIBA began offering scholarships in 2012 and has awarded 127 scholarships totaling approximately $238,400.
To be eligible for a SIBA scholarship applicants:
- Must be pursuing a degree in the field of construction management, construction related engineering, architecture or construction safety.
- Have a cumulative minimum grade point average of 3.0/4.0. Application must include a current copy of transcript and is required.
- Submit a personal recommendation from a person unrelated to the applicant within the current year.
- Be planning to enroll as a full-time student and maintain full-time student status (12-hour minimum).
- Part-time students working full-time in the construction industry will be awarded partial awards (written verification from full-time employer required).
- Show evidence that the individual applying is related to an individual employed full-time by a SIBA member firm for a minimum of four years (written evidence from employer required within the current year).
- Provide a typewritten report (minimum of 500 words) on career goals and what events they have experienced in life that made them decide to pursue a career in the construction industry. The quality of the essay will be judged.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
To obtain a complete list of requirements for SIBA scholarships, contact Donna at the SIBA office at 618-624-9055 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SIBA is a trade association of contractors representing approximately 500 commercial and industrial building, highway and utility construction contractors throughout Southern Illinois.