Sponsors still needed for the event, which will benefit St. Louis Crisis Nursery
By SHERI GASSAWAY
Come cheer on your favorite team at this year’s St. Louis Emerging Labor Leaders (StELL) “Kick Start to School” kickball tournament on Sunday, July 29 while helping local children in need!
The annual charitable event benefiting St. Louis Crisis Nursery, is from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Bridgeton Municipal Athletic Complex (BMAC), 13212 Ferguson Lane. Sponsors are still needed, and all donations are welcome.
This year’s teams include:
- Coalition of Black Trade Unionists (CBTU);
- CWA Local 6300;
- CWA 6300 President Mark Johnson’s Brotherhood of Iron;
- CWA 6300 Political Liaison Mike Songer’s Band of Misfits;
- Elevator Constructors Local 3;
- Iron Workers Local 396;
- Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 562;
- Worldwide Technologies – last year’s returning champion corporate partner.
GOOD FUN FOR A GOOD CAUSE
Proceeds from the fun-filled day-long tournament will be used to purchase school supplies for children served by the Crisis Nursery, which works to prevent child abuse and neglect and provides emergency intervention, respite care and support to families in crisis.