A reminder to all: the United Way campaign, under way this month and next, helps one in three people throughout the bi-state region through 170 local health and human services groups. If you haven’t yet made a donation, please consider doing so through your work-site campaign.
This year’s campaign goal is $72.5 million.
The United Way helps 16 Missouri and Illinois counties:
• Missouri: City of St. Louis, St. Louis County, St. Charles, Jefferson, Franklin, Warren, and Lincoln counties.;
• Illinois: Calhoun, Green, Macoupin, Jersey, Madison, Clinton, St. Clair, Monroe and Randolph counties.
Last year, more than 150,000 people and 2,600 businesses donated to United Way, raising more than $72.25 million. Individuals may pledge a donation by calling 314-421-0700 or visiting www.stl.unitedway.org.
Leading this year’s energetic campaign as chairman is Scott Schnuck, chairman of the Board of Schnuck Markets, Inc. with co-chair Mike DeCola, CEO of HBM Holdings.
“This year we’re committed to do more and we’re once again calling on our neighbors across the region to support United Way’s campaign, which makes a positive impact on the lives of so many people,” Schnuck said.
Labor leadership for the effort includes:
• Labor Campaign Chairman Bob Soutier, president, Greater St. Louis Labor Council.
• Union Headquarters Chairman David Cook, president UFCW Local 655.
Labor chairs for the three Illinois Regional Divisions include:
• IL Division (Swansea office) – Bill Thurston, president, Southwestern IL Central Labor Council.
• Tri-Cities Area Division (Granite City office) – Jason Chism, president, Steelworkers Local 50.
• Southwestern IL Division (East Alton office) – Mike Toner, business manager, Pipefitters & Plumbers Local 553.