“After a month of very difficult bargaining, we are pleased to announce that CWA District 6 and AT&T SW have reached a new, four-year tentative agreement,” the union said.
District 6 covers about 20,000 members in Missouri, Arkansas, Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas, including about 3,000 in metro St. Louis.
Negotiations were held from Feb. 1 through March 2. Some of the highlights of the tentative agreement include:
- Lump sum pension option.
- Bonus of $1,000 if ratified by April 7.
- Wage increases of 3 percent in 2017, 2.5 percent in 2018, 3 percent in 2019 and 2.25 percent in 2020.
- Continued medical coverage, and benefits added for 3,900 employees hired after Jan. 1, 2015.
- New two-week paid parental leave.
- Return of 3,000 jobs from offshore locations.