The Electrical Connection is again donating resources to build a very special home to help support kids served by the renowned St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
A partnership of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 1 and the St. Louis Chapter of the National Electrical Contractors Association, the Electrical Connection is donating all electrical services to build the 4,060-square-foot, amenity-laden home. The home is being built by Payne Family Homes in Dardenne Prairie, Mo. NECA contractor Branson Electric and IBEW will perform the electrical work.
“We are always proud of the meticulous planning and work by our residential electrical contractors and IBEW workforce when building a home, but this one is truly special,” said Frank Jacobs, IBEW business manager. “It will not only be a home with extras that deliver modern lifestyle needs, but it will support St. Jude’s critical research and treatment of childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.”
EFFORT HAS RAISED MORE THAN $7.1 MILLION
This is the eighth St. Jude Dream Home built by Payne Family Homes with the help of IBEW/NECA. The eight-year-long charitable endeavor has raised more than $7.1 million locally for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
The home is built at zero cost to St. Jude with the generosity and support of sponsors, trade partners, and the local community. Every dollar raised goes straight to St. Jude for funding research and providing care.
“It’s a beautiful home and features new electrical and communications technology that our NECA contractors excel at delivering, including a room dedicated to remote learning, working and connecting,” noted Doug Martin, executive vice president, St. Louis NECA.
The 2021 St. Jude Dream Home broke ground on Jan. 28, 2021. It is located in the Inverness neighborhood at 106 Royal Inverness Parkway in Dardenne Prairie. The two-level, 4,060 square-foot-home will feature:
- An in-home classroom or conference room to support work from home needs.
- A main floor a home office, 3 bedrooms and 2.5 baths, kitchen, dining room and other living space.
- A finished lower level featuring a home gym, recreation room including a wet bar with wine cellar, game area, full bath, safe room or vault, and the home schooling or work from home room.
- A five-car garage featuring “The Dog House.”
- A large, screened porch on the rear of the home with a second, private screened porch off the owner’s suite.
- A doggy wash and pet care stations included on the main floor.
YOUR CHANCE TO WIN
A total of 14,000 tickets will be offered to win the home for $100 each beginning on Thursday, June 10, 2021. To reserve a ticket, simply visit dreamhome.org or visit the St. Jude Dream Home page at paynefamilyhomes.com. The winner of the 2021 St. Jude Dream Home will be announced live on KTVI Fox 2 News on Thursday, Aug. 19, 2021.