• Oct. 16 – CBTU St. Louis Chapter’s 34th Annual Ernest and De Verne Calloway Awards Banquet honoring Dr. Donald Suggs, publisher of the St. Louis American. Terry Melvin, president of the International Coalition of Black Trade Unionists and Secretary-Treasurer of New York AFL-CIO, will provide the keynote address. The annual awards are given in honor and memory of the husband and wife team of Ernest and De Verne Calloway, who dedicated themselves to the struggle for human, civil and Labor rights. The evening will start with a reception and cash bar at 6 p.m., followed by dinner and the awards program at 7 p.m. Donations for Banquet are $95 per person or $950 for a table of 10. Make checks payable to: CBTU, P.O. Box 5034, St Louis MO 63115 R.S.V.P. by October 9, 2021. For tickets or more information, contact Lew Moye at 314-495-5635, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Oct. 21 – Missouri Women in Trades (MOWIT) Meetup for tradeswomen and women interested in joining the building trades will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. at the AGC Training Center, 6301 Knox Ave. in St. Louis. RSVPs are required and all St. Louis City COVID-19 and CDC guidelines will be followed. Once capacity is met, the sign-up sheet will close. Register at mowit.org or call 636-926-6948.
• Oct. 23 – Mineral Area Labor Club Side by Side Poker Run, with an off-road course throughout Madison County, MO, its second annual event with sign-in from 9 to 10 a.m., at Tim Johnson’s residence, 2122 Madison 203, Fredericktown. Fee is $20 a buggy and $10 a hand unlimited. Proceeds from 50-50 raffle tickets go to Fredericktown Shop with a Hero program. Chili dinner included. Sponsorships are also needed at $250 each. Contact Nate Sellinger at (573) 275-6793 or Lee Asher at (314) 805-6762.
• Oct. 24 – South County Democrats Picnic, noon to 4 p.m. at the Fritz Shelter at Suson Park, 6073 Wells Road in South County. The South County Democrats and the Concord Democratic Club will provide grilled brats, hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, soda and beer. Guests are asked to bring a covered dish and a potential new member. The event will include horseshoes, washers and bean bag games and a $25 gift card drawing for new members.
• Oct. 25 – Help put up fencing at Angie’s Playground, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Manion Park,15 Manion Park Dr. Florissant MO 63031. If you can help, email North County Labor Club President Fred Searcy at email@example.com.
• Oct. 27 – Coats for Kids Bourbon & Cigar Night at the Golf Club of Florissant Patio, 50 Country Club Lane, Florissant, Mo. 63033, benefiting the Electrical Workers Minority Caucus’s (EWMC) annual Coat Drive for Kids. The entry fee of $75/per person includes two fine cigars, appetizers, four nice bourbon pours and three raffle tickets for cigar-themed items. All proceeds benefits the Coat Drive for Kids. RSVP by check made payable to: EWMC c/o Kim Besserman, 3805 Salvation Road, Florissant, MO 63034-2063 by no later than Friday, Oct. 22.
• Oct. 28 – South County Labor Club meeting 7 p.m. at Genesis Banquet Center, 2651 Telegraph Rd, St. Louis, MO 63125.
• Nov. 3 – Missouri U.S. Senate Democratic Candidate Forum, hosted by the Jefferson County Democratic Central Committee, will begin at 7 p.m. at the Fine Arts Theater at Jefferson College, 1000 Viking Drive, Hillsboro. Tickets are required and all guests must show proof of vaccination and wear a mask. To register, call Committee Chair Bob Butler at 314-605-0024.
Have something for the Calendar? Send it to Managing Editor Tim Rowden at firstname.lastname@example.org.